Petrel rec mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

u cannot assume that silence equals safety. what if ur alarm has failed? audible alarms are gimmicky at best and silent killers at worst. they have no place on tech computers even if they have some place in uae's older combat aircraft

4 deep stop, there is no consensus around which SW could implement a rec (within NDL) deep stop. u want 1, u pick 1 fits ur dive & do it. safety stop is more simple, so they could add it.

This is what happens when you take a damn near perfect piece of diving gear and attempt to make it appeal to the masses.

I am confident that if Shearwater decided to manufacture recreational computers with alarms, air integration, deep stops or other gimmickry, that the half dozen or so Shearwater products I have would continue to operate reliably for the rest of my diving career and I'd never be subject to purchasing one of their newer, inferior products.

Until then, I'll continue to buy what they make because I think it's a fantastic product worthy of support.

Well thank you all for these interesting food for thoughts.
On the silent issue, I got your arguments they make sense, but mine also... so no decision so far. Still need time to decide, in any case it's a personal taste/choice so no harm for anyone.
For the deep safety stops we are in an unknown area, or a not fully known one. If you deep stop around 18m of course some of your tissues are still on gazing while the quicker one are off gazing. The idea here (ref to the article on the shearwater site) is that 1mn at 18m won't really change things for tissues with a half life of 30mn or more (the ones on gazing), and will help a lot in two areas: for quick tissues that are supposed to be the lead compartment there, and decrease the bubble creation.
Not rocket science, a lot of thread on this subject and no decision here too.
To sum-up in these two areas I'm listening as I'm not @convinced@ that I'm right or wrong.
In any case thank you for your valuable inputs.

Back
Top Bottom