Petrel 2 During Deco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

helios

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I've done many deco dives on my rebreather, but only just noticed this.

There's a moment after the last minute of deco and before getting the 'deco clear' message where the stop and time just go blank. After a minute or two I get 'deco clear' but there is this odd moment where there's just nothing.... any ideas?

I did a deco dive yesterday but didn't notice this on both my Petrel 2 or the Perdix, but.I wasn't looking at them constantly during the last four minutes of deco as I was taking photographs.

Never noticed that before on mine (Petrel, Perdix and Nerd)

I notice this typically if I finish the deco a little deeper, and then keeps on diving on the shallower level. It will then typically not show deco clear until the last portion of the dive where depth would decrease indicating ending of the dive.

Hi all,

I've done many deco dives on my rebreather, but only just noticed this.

There's a moment after the last minute of deco and before getting the 'deco clear' message where the stop and time just go blank. After a minute or two I get 'deco clear' but there is this odd moment where there's just nothing.... any ideas?

Interesting. I can't say I have ever seen this either. I have 3 hardwired Petrel's on different units and 2 Perdix stand alone's for OC diving and every time I am impatiently watching those last 1-2 minutes go by my computers always just flip to deco clear, never have seen what your are describing on any of my 5 Shearwater platforms.

Yes, I've seen this before as well.

It seems to be depth related but I'm not entirely sure. I.e., if you finish your deco at, say, 25 feet, the count up timer doesn't start. If you then ascend to 20 feet or so then I've seen it start.

I haven't really spent any time investigating or performing exact tests to identify the root cause.

- brett

I have not had mine in the water since last June, but I recall mine did that back then as well. The deco is gone, but takes a minute for the deco clear message to appear. Never worried about it.

Back
Top Bottom