For Sale Petrel 2 by Shearwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats on the sale. Eh, got any clearer pics showing how you mounted the Eezy Cut? I tried mounting on on my Petrel straps (not bungee), and I had to do quite a hack job.

Congrats on the sale. Eh, got any clearer pics showing how you mounted the Eezy Cut? I tried mounting on on my Petrel straps (not bungee), and I had to do quite a hack job.

Switch to bungee cord.

Switch to bungee cord.

Yeah, I am hoping to do that. There are a few threads here showing how various people replaced their Petrel straps with bungee, but it isn't immediately apparent to me how an Eezy Cut can then be mounted through the bungee. Some solutions I've seen used short pieces of webbing threaded through the Petrel's slots, and the bungee was attached between the ends of each webbing piece. Others just threaded thin bungee directly through the slots. Which way works best, particularly if the goal is to mount an Eeezycut?

Also, Eezycut offers a couple of different "pouches" to choose from. I chose the Flexi/Shoulder Pouch. Maybe that was the wrong choice, and I should have chosen the Harness Pouch?

I actually do.... eezycut wrist mount. Single piece of bungee.
I used the tip of a pairing knike to cut the bottom two threads on each side to insert the bungee through the bottom. Leave the eezycut inserted but back it out of the pouch just enough to guide the bungee though the bottom out the other side.

Click on the thumbnail for better detail. 20160314_133838.jpg 20160314_133812.jpg 20160314_133801.jpg

Wow, I'm flabbergasted (at the clarity of the pictures).

Last edited:
I chose the Flexi/Shoulder Pouch. Maybe that was the wrong choice, and I should have chosen the Harness Pouch?

I have the Harness Pouch left of the crotch-strap, next to the shears pouch. I keep forgetting about it. I thought about using the one you have in the same place, but horizontal of course with the "handle" facing the crotch-strap/buckle, but don't have that much real estate on my waist strap.

Last edited:
images

This one doesn't look like it has enough "structure" to work well mounted on bungees. Hopefully, I'm mistaken.

I actually do.... eezycut wrist mount. Single piece of bungee.
I used the tip of a pairing knike to cut the bottom two threads on each side to insert the bungee through the bottom. Leave the eezycut inserted but back it out of the pouch just enough to guide the bungee though the bottom out the other side.

THANKS! I second evad's flabbergastedness at the clarity of the pics. Glad I asked.

What do you mean by "the bottom two threads"?

So the Eezycut pouch pictured is what they refer to as the Harness Pouch?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom