Peter and Lynne come to SoCal - the pics from Dive Day One II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
We ran the PEE-En-Dubs into the ground for three days of SoCal diving. It was wonderful.

I'll keep it brief:

Monday - We had dinner. Loved it! Went to a local restaurant in Venice in the art district. The restaurant, Beechwood, is kinda hip, has a good winelist and features seating conducive to close-quarter conversation.

Tuesday - Early call to the Orion III. Ross Overstreet stepped up and planned an excellent day at Catalina. We rolled over in mildly agitated seas and had two-and-a-half excellent dives. Ship Rock (formerly my fav dive at Catalina) where Peter was my Nudi spotter / flyer (we found a new Nudi for me!), Italian Gardens (a silty mess with no Giant Sea Bass) and Bird Rock (which has userped Ship Rock as my fav Catalina dive.)

Wednesday - Early drive to the Spectre in Ventura. 3 more great dives, lots of DMX friends, excellent hang. Post dive dinner at CPK (a tradition now) where the fun continued to roll.

Thursday - Slept in and woke at the sumptiously late hour of 6:45 AM. Took the Express to Catalina where we were met with a rising tide for brainless exits and entries. Dived the Valiant dive one (Lynne was my Nudi spotter... great work, Lynne) and did the grand circuit for dive two. Blew off dive three because Claudette wanted to go drinking. True story.

This trip was way too brief. I had the most fun ever with these two Seattle nutbars. The dining, the diving, the laughing. I love you guys. I wish conditions were better - warm water is giving us cloudy water a little early this year. No wide angle - but Nudi city.

Some Day One pics below.

Full gallery here: Linkety Link Yo

Enjoy.

---
Ken

===========================================

Berthella at Ship Rock

Yes, Peter dives with white dry gloves. This is a Stearnsi that he brought over.

Red Tipped Dorid at the Bird Rock

Shot this Tritonia festiva at Ship Rock

This is the mystery Dendronotus from Ship Rock. The first of these I've shot. My guess is Dendronotus dalli or Dendronotus albus. Scott or Terry (local SoCal experts on DMX) will likely offer a clue while I await word from David Behrens.

Here is another mystery Dendronotus. We saw two on the same dive. This one was a little smaller than the first one, above.

Top view of mystery Dendronotus #2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THE FLIERS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter had the idea to fly Dendy #1. Here are some shots of him flying.

Ken, that was just so much fun!!!!!!!

And the flying nudi's -- well, I just couldn't not do it!

Buddy - you were an excellent spotter. Had a great dive at Ship Rock.

So glad you guys came down.

---
Ken

Back
Top Bottom