Pete Wolfinger Obituary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EdTeach

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Peter James (Pete) Wolfinger died July 28, 2024. He was 82. An avid diver, dive professional and true Christian gentleman, Pete made many contributions to advance our passion for diving. He owned Peter Built Tools (now Scuba Tools) and Dive, Inc, and authored Regulator Savvy. Pete was head of Scubapro's Dealer Support team for many years. He will be greatly missed. His obituary is here: Obituary for Peter James Wolfinger | Mark A. Schneider-Gompf Funeral Home.

I bought Pete's Scubapro Pilot through his wife, Maija some 15 - 18 years ago. Pete set it up for me and wrote me a very nice personal note with it. He said it had been his primary regulator throughout most of his career, giving him many years of great service. Pete assured me it would do the same for me. It has been exemplary in that regard.

It is not just the best breathing regulator I've ever used, but it has also been extremely reliable. It has truly been a joy and pleasure to dive Pete's Pilot these many years. I hope for many more.

Here's to one of our very finest, Pete Wolfinger! Blow some bubbles for him.

My goals as a brand new dive store owner in 1985 was to get a Scubapro Dealership. It wasn't easy because the local dealers were pretty strong and were being protected. It was Pete taking time to stop and see my store and talking to my commitment to SP that garnered my respect for him. He did open me in 1990 and he was also my first sales rep. One of the best relationships I had was with my sales reps. He later wrote his book , "Regulator Savy" and when I bought it, I asked him to sign it for me. RIP Pete.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom