Personalized Dive Center in Sharm El Sheikh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xcavator

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

I am planning for a dive vacation in Sharm El Sheikh on May 2013. I have been reading through this forum and Tripadvisor for advice and tips. Until now, I just found only one dive center that suits me which is Sinai Blues. I am searching a dive center that have personalized service, small groups of people. I have an email through Red Sea Diving College and Ocean College Dive Center. Both are at 10 divers per dive guide and 20-30 people per boat. From what I know its quite norm in Sharm. Do you know any dive center thats into my criteria? I would prefer half day trip excursion (2 Dives) rather than 2-3 dives full day excursion.

Sorry if this topic has already discussed but I couldn't find it. Thank you.

I think you would be better off going to Dahab which is much smaller, more relaxed and has many small centers that offer personalized service. Since Dahab has mostly shorediving, half day trips can be much easier organized.

Pretty much any outfit in Sharm will be happy to take extra money off you to provide a personal guide for boat or shore diving. But, there's relatively little shore diving there, and it's such a busy resort that if you go by boat you'll usually end up surrounded by half a dozen other outfits anyway.

I agree with macrobubble that Dahab is well worth a visit (even it that recommendation is slightly biased, looking at their location ;-) You can do it as a day-trip from Sharm, if actually staying there isn't an option for you. The Canyon is the stand-out site for me, along with the Blue Hole.

Pretty much any outfit in Sharm will be happy to take extra money off you to provide a personal guide for boat or shore diving. But, there's relatively little shore diving there, and it's such a busy resort that if you go by boat you'll usually end up surrounded by half a dozen other outfits anyway.

I agree with macrobubble that Dahab is well worth a visit (even it that recommendation is slightly biased, looking at their location ;-) You can do it as a day-trip from Sharm, if actually staying there isn't an option for you. The Canyon is the stand-out site for me, along with the Blue Hole.

Thank you. Dahab would be a problem for me since I would do mattress run with Hilton. Dahab only have 1 resort while in Sharm, they have 4 properties. I have seen RIB diving in Sharm, but I never been diving from RIB yet. What is your thought about RIB diving?

Depends whether you like bobbing around in a small boat for your surface interval. Fine for getting there and back quickly but you just can't beat the comfort of a day boat during your 'off gassing'.

Reef Oasis Dive Club do half day boats and rhibs as well

Sorry, haven't done any diving from ribs in Sharm, so can't really comment from experience. As I mentioned above, the majority of dive sites will usually be pretty busy, regardless of how you get to them. If you're after solitude, you'll have to go a bit off the beaten track.

On the hotel front, I stayed at the Hilton Fayrouz last Easter and had a great stay with them. (I had non-diving family with me; I usually stay somewhere a lot more "basic" ;-) I didn't dive with them, though - I go out with Emperor Divers.

Hope you have a great time - let us know how you get on.

Depends whether you like bobbing around in a small boat for your surface interval. Fine for getting there and back quickly but you just can't beat the comfort of a day boat during your 'off gassing'.

Reef Oasis Dive Club do half day boats and rhibs as well

Thank you. Yes, I have been thinking on comfort for surface interval too.

---------- Post added January 14th, 2013 at 10:30 AM ----------

Sorry, haven't done any diving from ribs in Sharm, so can't really comment from experience. As I mentioned above, the majority of dive sites will usually be pretty busy, regardless of how you get to them. If you're after solitude, you'll have to go a bit off the beaten track.

On the hotel front, I stayed at the Hilton Fayrouz last Easter and had a great stay with them. (I had non-diving family with me; I usually stay somewhere a lot more "basic" ;-) I didn't dive with them, though - I go out with Emperor Divers.

Hope you have a great time - let us know how you get on.

Thanks. As for Thistlegorm and Dunraven, is it a must?

Thistlegorm is a must. There are trips that go out and do Dunraven on the way out, a night dive, then get onto Thistlegorm early in the morning. Dunraven is similar to diving in a shipping container. I've never seen the attraction and on my last Northern wrecks liveaboard I chose to sit it out. I certainly wouldn't pay extra for it.

http://www.easydiversredsea.com/diving/dunraven.jpg

If you're not set on Sharm what about Hurghada. You could stay in El Gouna which will insulate you from the 'real' Egypt and do some great wreck diving. You could do the four wrecks on Abu Nuhas and get onto the Rosalie Muller, which is a great wreck. Dive Connections is a German run dive centre in El Gouna that could organise your diving for you. Alternatively there is a respected tech instructor out there with his own rhib who could organise your diving for you. If you're interested let me know.

+ 1 for Thistlegorm

Hi Xcavator, I agree with the earlier suggestion that diving by speedboat/RIB in Sharm would enable you to meet your requirements for a more personal service, and half- rather than full-day diving. There are a few speedboats running in Sharm, mainly to coastal sites and the world-famous Straits of Tiran. The company I work for offers guided diving via speedboat with a maximum of five divers per trip. Our speedboat reaches Tiran in 20 mins and runs several times per day to different sites in the area. Free transfer to/from your hotel are included. Just PM me your email address if you'd like more info on that. Wishing you a great holiday :)

Back
Top Bottom