Personalised Fins / Dive Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vemura

Contributor
Reaction score
Purely cosmetic; this isn't for everyone.

Please post pictures of how you've personalised your fins and other dive gear.

I've only seen name stickers, and would love to see people painting their gear. I've also seen people sticking Crocs Jibbitz onto the holes in their fins.

Purely cosmetic; this isn't for everyone.

Please post pictures of how you've personalised your fins and other dive gear.

I've only seen name stickers, and would love to see people painting their gear. I've also seen people sticking Crocs Jibbitz onto the holes in their fins.
I’ve never gone to that level of customizing but have hot-glued some diving or ocean theme related patches onto my BC just to make distinguishable from the mass of other black colored vests in a pile.

Also Re: actual customization I did have an entire wet suit custom made for me in Singapore years ago which was great.

RK3's with the RK3 text painted and some reflective tape in a few spots...
20230930_163511.jpg

I do have to repaint them from time to time, but not often.

I just get yellow fins. Easy for me to find above water, easy for my buddy to spot in the water.

RK3's with the RK3 text painted and some reflective tape in a few spots...
View attachment 803983

I do have to repaint them from time to time, but not often.
Would be curious to know if the tape remains long or not. Tried that some years back and it was an utter failure : didn't held more than 3 or 4 dives.

I’ve seen people wearing different Color fins on each foot. That is the extent I see other than drawings using a marker on fins.

Would be curious to know if the tape remains long or not. Tried that some years back and it was an utter failure : didn't held more than 3 or 4 dives.
It's Gear Aid Tenacious Tape. So far about 20 shore dives and some boats as well. I wiped the area down with alcohol before applying, don't know if it helped, but still holding strong.

Back
Top Bottom