Personal Use Dive Boats like the Boston Whaler Guardian (w/dive door)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I currently own both a Boston Whaler Outrage and an Avon inflatable boat and have dived extensively out of both. While Whalers are excellent boats, for diving, nothing beats an inflatable, IMHO.

Thanks everyone for chiming in! I see alot of interest in the Parker and Munson boats. Any suggestions on models/configurations? For the Munson, with its big landing craft door, how would that work in rough seas?

The only thing that works well is rought seas and chop is a nice sharp entry - watch the start of "Saving Private Ryan" to see how the blunt ramp of a Higgins boats does in such seas.

I like the Parker 25 with the enclosed cabin, but I'm up North where getting out of a cold wind is real nice. The open aft deck is big enough for 6 divers with doubles.

But if I had a lot more cash I'd go with a 35-40 Downeaster Lobster boat like one of these - http://www.youngbrothersboats.com/index.html

Back
Top Bottom