perhentian island or lang tengah, malaysia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slipslop

Reaction score
I have a choice of going to either Perhentian (the bigger of the two islands) or lang tengah in February decisions decisions........which would you choose for snorkeling?

You might be lucky and not see any rain in February on the east coast of malaysia.

Yeah, I think Redang and the Perhentians close up shop pretty much during the winter. You'd be better off further north on the west coast of Thailand. I haven't heard much about the diving on the west coast of malaysia.

West coast Malyasia - consider Langkawi at that time of year. Not been myself but heard that it isn't too bad.

slipslop:
I have a choice of going to either Perhentian (the bigger of the two islands) or lang tengah in February decisions decisions........which would you choose for snorkeling?

Yeap, Febuary is still pretty wet (end of monsoon). From March onwards will be a safer bet. For snorkeling, can't go wrong with both. Take note that Lang Tengah is small and quiet, with only a few choices on accommodations. Perhentian on the other hand offers more choices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom