Peregrine zippered case question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nquinn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
OK,

So this is a dumb question, and I assume I know the answer, but it feels a bit annoying:

The zippered case that the peregrine comes with is obviously meant to fit the shearwater computer with the wrist strap not attached.

After every trip am I expected to unscrew/disassemble the strap and re-screw it in next time?

While not a big deal, I find this is also inconvenient because the threads for the bands use loctite that even Shearwater mentions are only meant to hold up for maybe 5 assemblies.

Do people just add some blue loctite to their kit for future assemblies? If I'm bouncing location to location while traveling as well I don't want to disassemble/reassemble it 3-4 times per trip as I change venues just to put it back in the case and have to worry about the loctite.

OK,

So this is a dumb question, and I assume I know the answer, but it feels a bit annoying:

The zippered case that the peregrine comes with is obviously meant to fit the shearwater computer with the wrist strap not attached.

After every trip am I expected to unscrew/disassemble the strap and re-screw it in next time?

While not a big deal, I find this is also inconvenient because the threads for the bands use loctite that even Shearwater mentions are only meant to hold up for maybe 5 assemblies.

Do people just add some blue loctite to their kit for future assemblies?
Pull the foam out and pitch it. It will then fit with the straps installed.

option 1 - remove foam liner an accessory item(s) - store said items elsewhere

option 2 - buy other appropriate sized case

the old soft case was so much better (though I prefer a hard Pelican case to house computer(s), transmitter, batteries, o-rings, SPG, etc.)

YMMV

This is a weird case. I'm not sure if all are like this, but the foam insert also just has like a semi-sticky substance that attaches the top half of it (computer) to the bottom half (charger+tools). I bought "new" off ebay so not sure if it's missing anything, but felt like a weird case insert in general. I like how small it is, but maybe will just pick up something larger and cut out my own foam inserts.

PXL_20210910_172405726.jpg
PXL_20210910_172344536.jpg

Pull the foam out and pitch it. It will then fit with the straps installed.

This is just a dumb solution. Even with the foam out, (a) it doesn't really fit properly and you have to crush the band down awkwardly, and (2) you'd lose additional inner padding when doing so.

The case is simply the wrong size to store the peregrine with a band on it, which is the default state for the watch.

This is just a dumb solution. Even with the foam out, (a) it doesn't really fit properly and you have to crush the band down awkwardly, and (2) you'd lose additional inner padding when doing so.

The case is simply the wrong size to store the peregrine with a band on it, which is the default state for the watch.
Sorry. It works. I throw mine in a milk crate with the rest of my gear. But I have shoved it back in the case and it does fit. I have bungees on mine, not a strap.

Sorry. It works. I throw mine in a milk crate with the rest of my gear. But I have shoved it back in the case and it does fit. I have bungees on mine, not a strap.

Ditto. The peregrine strap sucks. It’s not depth compensating like elastic/bungee straps. I moved to bungee after a few dives with the strap.

Also, as an aside, my peregrine case did not come with any foam padding. My Perdix case has foam padding.

20220117_094616.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom