Perdix unable to connect via bluetooth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well, it is not Shearwater problem.... Microsoft screwed up Bluetooth connectivity in its Creator Update for Windows 10. Not only shearwater DCs dont work, but a lot of other bluetooth like mouses, keyboard, etc.

I lost my connectivity with Logitech mouse.... It is in official security bulletin from MS.They are trying to figure out what they broke, but for now there is no any date when they will release the fix and/or update.

No I simply meant it would have been nice for them to try and help.

Jeddah is OK I've not been up to Yanbu I really should go up there while I have the chance. There are lots of nice wrecks in Jeddah as well.

Al lith is pretty good but no wrecks. Wonderful untouched reef though.

No I simply meant it would have been nice for them to try and help.
help HOW?!
Shearwater has no access to Windows source codes and cant code anything in bluetooth protocol used in Windows 10 Creator Edition. They made an official announcement on their homepage that they know about the problem, but there is nothing they can do except wait for MS to correct it and release a new update for Windows to correct bluetooth connection problems.

Update, I got my AI to connect to my iPhone and updated the software, works great on phone.

Still getting the BT INIT FAILURE on my Mac though.

I use MacDive which I snapped to later. Shearwater desktop doesn't let me upload dives from before the Perdix and MacDive seems friendlier to me. I keep it all stored on the dropbox and sync it between devices. Did you try using the dongle on your mac that came with the DC? That was SW's fallback suggestion.

The upload to the phone is sweet eh? so quick and easy. You can even do it while it's in a shallow soak. No cables yay!

I recently connected my Perdix to my phone via the android app and downloaded the latest software update V44. As far as I could see everything went OK with the update. The computer shows the fireware version as V44 in the settings menu. However, since then my computer will not connect to either my PC with the dongle or my android app.

Hi Dave Bevan,

Thanks for trying out Shearwater Cloud.

We’ve had reports where users have unsuccessfully tried to re-connect their phone to Shearwater Cloud after they’ve connected once. We are still looking into the underlying cause for why that is but in the meantime if you reset your phone’s Bluetooth cache, it should help regain connection.

To clear your phone’s BT cache:
  1. Restart your Phone
  2. Head towards Settings > Application manager > swipe left or right to bring All tab and finally select ‘Bluetooth’; OR
  3. Click on ‘More Options’ on the top right-hand corner and select ‘Show Systems Apps’ and finally select ‘Bluetooth
  4. Tap on Force stop
  5. Next, tap Clear cache and Clear data
  6. Tap on ‘OK’ to confirm and restart your device

If resetting your phone’s BT cache does not help, please send an email to support@shearwater.com.

help HOW?!
Shearwater has no access to Windows source codes and cant code anything in bluetooth protocol used in Windows 10 Creator Edition. They made an official announcement on their homepage that they know about the problem, but there is nothing they can do except wait for MS to correct it and release a new update for Windows to correct bluetooth connection problems.

Well you are obviously talking bubbles because there was a way to help and my computer is now fully functioning with my Perdix running Windows 10 Creator edition. I have managed to download my dives and Microsoft haven't done a thing. All I needed to do was select Petrel instead of Perdix and everything works fine.

Secondly I am having a specific issue with the Shearwater Cloud app as well. You can see from the post above they have replied and have given me steps to follow. Which I have done. I understand that its in beta. But without feedback from users it won't get any better.

One of the reasons that I paid for a Shearwater is that I heard their customer service is very good. Hence why I expected a response and although it took a little time I'm happy with what they have done.

I'm not even sure why you are posting on here if you don't have anything useful to bring to the thread.

Windows 10 Update

Back in April, Windows 10 released an update called the Creator’s Update which focused on Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). BLE is the protocol that the Perdix and Perdix AI use to communicate with Shearwater Desktop. Ever since the update, numerous BLE issues have been reported and subsequently confirmed by Microsoft. These issues have affected our users and their ability to connect to Shearwater Desktop.

Our software team has found a resolution and are currently working on a patch for Shearwater Desktop that will restore connectivity for all affected users. We expect this release will be available early July.

Lynn Partridge

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom