Perdix and Mac-Dive (iOS or MAC)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As Hazmat mentions above, you can definitely do that. From iPhone you can then syc with dropbox. When you get home or to your main computer, your macdive will get updated when turned on.

IMO MacDive is a fabulous program with superior developer who is uber friendly.

sorry just to clarify

Im usng the shearwater desktop app but I download all the dives on my laptop but I want to sync with may the devices, I cant seem to find a way to do this - Im currently having to download on each device to keep them current-any suggestions I thought there may be a dive log file somewhere on the hard drive but it seems the shearwater desktop app is locked

DropBox will sync them.
Read the FAQ on MacDive site or my post above.

I believe they are separate apps. I believe the MacDive app for the iOS platform is about $10.00. It can be run on any iOS device tied to the Apple account up to I think 5 devices.

Does anyone know if the MacDive software will work on a iPad and laptop by downloading the multiuser license? Or is that a separate charge for iPhone/iPad usage?

It will not. There is never a way to bundle iOS and Mac apps. Apple has no mechanism for that. I'm sure developers would love that, though. There's no MacDive for iPad yet, but you can run the same MacDive for iPhone on your iPad as well, of course at the size of an iPhone screen.

well lve done some fiddling and wrote to shearwater heres their response

"Thank you for purchasing a Perdix. We hope you enjoy diving with it. Unfortunately at this point it is not possible to sync and share with various devices. Perhaps in the future we will have this capability. Right now you will just have to download the log onto both your laptop and desktop."

however I've found a way to make it work although its not as smooth as id like

a)after entering details on the shearwater desktop app on a device (say laptop) go to FILE and 'back up database" save to dropbox
b) when opening the shearwater desktop app on another device go to FILE and 'restore database" go to dropbox folder and select the saved database both devices will now have current data

Back
Top Bottom