Perdix AI with 2 xmitters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Captain Jim...I also dive with two gray and no issues.

On a side note, I believe you did the CDTC with my Course Director, Laurent.

Cool---Yes I did go to CDTC with him---tell him hello for me.

Two greys will "sorta" work, but definitely NOT recommended. You might remember the recall of yellows that Shearwater did a few years back, it was simply because a batch of yellows got delivered from Pelagic with the grey firmware load. It wasn't detected until Shearwater started getting complaints from the field. The issue is that two greys are much more likely to occasionally "step on" each others transmissions, causing periodic LOS. Wait 30 to 60 seconds and the readings will usually come back.

Two greys will "sorta" work, but definitely NOT recommended.
Not sorta work, they DO work.
The issue is that two greys are much more likely to occasionally "step on" each others transmissions, causing periodic LOS.
If two TXs with the same signal timing are turned on and they're not interfering with each other, please explain how one could catch the other?

Not sorta work, they DO work.

If two TXs with the same signal timing are turned on and they're not interfering with each other, please explain how one could catch the other?
Clock drift.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom