Perdix AI vs SPG pressure difference?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've only ever dived in bars so I don't really know what you're talking about anyway lol
That will teach me to convert from real measurements to help the masses. No good deed goes unpunished.

I believe the accuracy of the Shearwater transmitter is stated in their documentation to be +/- 1 bar.

My Dive Rite SPG seemed to read several bar lower than the Cressi SPG I owned earlier (same dive shop fills). And now with the Shearwater AI my beginning pressures are usually several bar higher than either of the SPG readings.

The most important question is what is the accuracy at the low end of the scale :wink: Dive Gear Express says +/- 5 bar at 50 bar tank pressure for SPG.

I think that it's a good idea to not push your luck towards the end of a dive regardless of what technology you're using.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom