Pensacola late afternoon/ night dive buddies Sept 17-30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aLittletank

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I will be in Pensacola from September 17-30 and would like to shore dive after work most days/evenings while I am there. Let me know if you are available and we can exchange phone #s to make arrangements.

Allen

If I'm working around the FL beaches during those dates, I'll update this thread.

SuPrBuGmAn- any advice on shore diving in that area?

thanks
Allen

Sites are limted as far as accessible easy to find sites are concerned - Navarre Beach Pier and Pensacola Beach Reef. Both sites are shallow, less than 25', but contain lots of fish and other marine life.

Navarre Beach Pier is easy to find, its the big pier on Navarre Beach...

Pensacola Beach Reef is located ~150m off the beach directly out from where the restrooms used to reside(ask the lifeguards, they'll point you in the right direction). Its about 150-200, East of the new fishing pier

Fort Pickens offered a few sites, but its not accessible at the time as they've not completed the road back into the park.

Currents are typically a concern. Surf can be at times, but not so much lately. Expect water tempertures in the low-mid 80s F, wear some kind of protection from jellyfish.

80s wow, I cant wait! The lake I dove this weekend was 67F until you hit the thermal at 33 ft. After 33ft it was approx 55F. BRRRRR! oh and good visibility is only 15'-20' around here as well. So I am very excited to get out of our lakes and dive there. :D

Is there a good source for water temps at depth? (60-130) I had only planned on bringing my 3mm and a skin suit but I can lug the 7mm as well.

thanks for all the info
Allen

Last reports I heard on temps at the flight deck of the Oriskany(135'), temps were in the mid-upper 70sF, I think.

Off the beach, vis will average 10-25' in Pensacola. Depending on seaweed, surf, recent rainfall, ect.

Did the Orsikany on Sunday and temps at 110'-135' were at 74-76. My 3mm was very warm. Also did some snorkling off Pensacola Beach Friday and Sat. just in swim trunks. Only hit around 15' off the beach but the waters like bathwater.

Thanks for the info on temperature guys. I will leave the 7mm in the north where it belongs!

So anyone looking for a dive buddy the next two weeks? :D

Allen

Willing to travel to the AL gulf coast? I'll be working in Gulf Shores on Tues(19th), I may be able to catch a dive afterwards. Still don't have schedule up for anything past that date.

sounds great, as long as work is done early enough to drive there in time to dive.

I pmed you my cell phone number so we can make arrangements.

Allen

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom