Pelican or LAM to Imhabane

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maurizio M

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

After reading all the great reports I am organizing a trip to Imhabane in August. We would be flying into Johannesburg from Europe and than continue to Imhabane. I understand that both Pelican and LAM have flights. Which would you recommend and is the service reliable ?

Going back one option would be to take the flight from Imhabane arrrivng either at 15:00 (LAM) or 17:10 (Pelican) in Johannesburg and than fly to Europe at 21:00 in order to avoid the over night stay, but I am wondering if this is too risky.

Thanks,

Maurizio.

We live in London and just came back from Mozambique (Inhambane & Vilanculos) and I can honestly say we had very good service with LAM. Flights were on time and we did not have any problems at all.

Are you sure the LAM flight from Inhambane lands in Johannesburg at 15h00?
There are only 4 flights a week and they all land at 12h40 check the link below. That will give you ample time to catch the EU flight.

LAM-Mozambique Airlines - Flights to Inhambane

And this one has a list of all airlines with prices:
LAM Flights to Inhambane in Mozambique

NB! All European flights arrive and depart from O.R. Tambo International, so just make sure you fly to and from Mozambique via O.R. Tambo International airport and not Lanceria, otherwise you'll have to get transportation between the 2.

Hi Maurizio
We handle fly in tours to Inhambane from Johannesburg and we book on a weekly basis we use Travelmax we find them to be the most reliable. We find LAN are the most unreliable.
Please allow us to quote you on a fly in package it will be cheaper than if you book flight and accommodation seperatley. Also if you are visiting other destinations in Africa we can put a combination tour together for you, which will save you doing all your own bookings and we do not charge any extra for our services. Send me a mail john@guinjatabay.co.za or contact me on skype: justsharks

Back
Top Bottom