Pelican Cases

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JC

Reaction score
Have purchased Sony TRV 11E Video and marine housing. looking for best options for Pelican type case or equivalent. Would appreciate any advice on best source?

Diversdiscount.com has an assortment of pelican Cases. Other places to try are Ebay or your local camera /video store.
I have dealt with Diversdiscount and had good service in the past.
Many video owners (myself included) go for the largest that can be a carryon on airlines.. I believe it is the 1450.
You'll need to be sure your camera and housing fit it.
Another option that Jim Church espouses is a rigid cooler duct-taped shut, preferably with a lot of scuffing and some dead-fish smell.
He thinks it discourages snoopy baggage handlers.
Certainly hand-carried or unobtrusive is best. There's a significant investment in your rig, so the less attention it gathers the better.
Dive safe and share your memories.
John Reinertson

I have been very satisfied with B & H photo for all my neds. Good prices and they don't hose you on shipping. When I have needed a return, no problem.

BTW - the original thread was from 2000 :wink:

For those currently looking, also check out your local sporting goods store in the firearms section - I use Doskogil cases and have done for over ten years. I think the most expensive one was $50 and it easily fits everything I need in it.

alcina:
BTW - the original thread was from 2000 :wink:

Do you think maybe he found one by now? :D

Maybe he's as bad as I am sometimes...research something for months and months and never end up buying it! I'm much better now - a bit of research then jump in!

Back
Top Bottom