Pelagian, Kararu and Komodo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reubencahn

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm thinking about a trip to Komodo next July/August. The Pelagian and Kararu's Sea Safari III have both been recommended by DiversionOz. I'm wondering if anyone has been on either of these boats this past year--or earlier--and could offer any information or comments about them.

Also, for anyone who has been to Komodo, should I expect only macro and critters or is there bigger life as well?

Basically as well as beautiful corals, pretty fish and critters you can expect to see whitetip sharks, turtles, cuttlefish and possibly the occasional manta ray. There are some snapshots of diving around the Komodo National Park in my tagline, and I did a divetrip report a while ago on this forum which you could do a 'search' for. Have fun!

I was on the Pelagian in June 2007. The boat was nice for a liveaboard but the rooms were a little small. There were bunk beds in some rooms. The shower was also connected to the toilet, so you will have a wet toilet after showering. Food was excellent!!!. Definitely better food than most liveaboards I have been-- you usually have a choice for lunch or dinner. Divemasters (Sisi and Marco) were quite capable and always pointed out rare creatures. This is definitely diving for small stuff but you will see the occasional creatures as mentioned by Bora Horza. Watch your ears as "swimmers' ears" are common!!.

I was 2 years ago on the Pelagian and can highly recommend it. However, I thought that they moved the boat to Wakatobi and won't do Komodo anymore. Diving in Komodo was fantastic; from Mantas to sharka and thge small stuff. But it was cold...........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom