Pee Valves on Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

troyhop

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I was just curious, what in peoples opinions, was the best pee valves for drysuits that are out there for men. I have heard some bad things about OMS and Dive Rite Valves as they are hard to keep the hose attached to. I have heard good things about the Halcyon valve. Last I was curious if people out there have ever tried the Light Monkey or the Hollis Models that are available as I haven't heard anything about them yet. I do want a balanced valve and also curious about peoples opinions of that as well.

I don't have any problems with keeping the hose on my dive rite pee valve. I am very happy with it. It is balanced and very low profile.

I have a Light Monkey P-valve installed on my drysuit. No problems yet, other than the bolt unscrewed on its own on 1 cave dive & caused a minor entanglement during a line drill.

I'm a bit phobic about P valves so I depend on another soilution.

Good post. I need to get a P-valve as well and am not sure what company to go with. I have talked to my deco instructor about it a few times now. Is it something I can install myself or should I pay my LDS to install it?

Halcyon here...no problems yet. I know of at least 2 more Halcyon user that are very happy.
No problems installing it if you have any skills at all.
Good luck

I have a Halcyon balanced valve and it has worked perfectly for well over 100+ cold water dives.

I have the light monkey version, and it hasn't given me any trouble. It should be able to be easily installed by most divers. It only requires cutting a small hole, applying adhesive, putting it together and letting it dry. However, if you do choose to do so, be careful to choose the location while the suit is on. Guessing while the suit is off could lead to some mistakes. It should be relatively obvious where they are normally placed.

Last edited:
My husband and I both have the Halcyon valves (on three suits between us) and are quite happy with them. I chose the Halcyon because the reports were that it had the largest bore/lowest resistance (which is important for She-P users) and it has certainly seemed to be satisfactory in that regard.

I think installation is something any reasonably brave DIYer should be able to tackle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom