pee valve question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clifftondiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So hopefully this isn't TOO dumb a question, here it goes. I've noticed when cleaning my Halcyon balanced pee-valve, that a small amount of liquid leaks from the slotted screw-area on the inside of the suit when I push water (using a 50cc syringe) through the hose. Why does this concern me? When I'm diving (I've noticed it getting worse over time), my leg gets wet and it's not ocean water! :confused:Yes, I do make sure it's open before I attempt to use it. The small amount of fluid (just a few cc's) on the surface translates to a considerable amount at depth. Any ideas on stopping it? :idk:

I'll be going to the LDS who installed it, but they are closed on Sundays. So you guys/gals get the first crack.

Thanks!

that screw hold in the balancing check valve. when it fails you get the dreaded pee leg.:rofl3:
you can get replacement valves

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom