PDC recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SussexMedic

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
OK, I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm looking for up to date info.

I'll be down in PDC the second week of April staying at Viva Wyndham Maya for three days. I've been down there twice before and I used Dive Mike last trip. We enjoyed Dive Mike but they haven't returned e-mails this time leaving us looking for a Dive Op late in the game. There are 3 of us, all AOW certified. I've heard good things about Dive Aventuras but they're in Akumel and we're locked into staying in PDC. The other interesting consideration is that two of us are thinking about returning to the area to do Cavern / Intro to Cave later this year (maybe next year) and were thinking about scouting an instructor.

Any thoughts?

I absolutely recommend Jason at Fantasea Dive Scuba Diving, Fishing, Dive Packages, and Extreme Sports in Playa del Carmen, Cozumel, Riviera Maya, Yucatan, Mexico and Caribbean for all your PDC diving needs. I dove with him in January and again during the beginning of March. Top notch operation, great guide, and overall great guy!! Jason teams with Klaus at Playa Scuba Playa Scuba Dive Center * Centro de Buceo * Tauchbase - Playa del Carmen, Mexico for cenote dives, and I dove Dos Ojos with him during both of my trips.

The marine animal stranding hospital on whose board I serve (National Marine Life Center in Buzzards Bay) will be leading a Sea Turtle Expedition to Riviera Maya next summer, and we'll be diving with Jason and Klaus! If you contact either please pass along my hello. I'll be posting a trip report over the weekend!!

- Rob

I've been down there twice before and I used Dive Mike last trip. We enjoyed Dive Mike but they haven't returned e-mails this time leaving us looking for a Dive Op late in the game.

QUOTE]

I tried emailing Dive Mike a couple of times and didn't get a response either. While making my arrangements for diving in both PDC and Coz, I found out that email is hit and miss, esp. if you have AOL. Try calling.

I just got back a week ago. While there I stopped by Dive Mike to see if they were in business and found out that he's is still in business. Mike took over again in August. There's been some turn around of the shop but Mike is, again, the owner. Unfortunatly, my diving was done for that trip.

I went with Dive Mex (Scuba Libre). Dive Mex is a new start up working thru the internet for advertisement and within the same shop as Scuba Libre. So, prices may be different. Anna manages both and is the owner of Dive Mex.

Between Dive Mike and Dive Mex, both are pretty similar for ocean dives.

det

I'll second the vote for Jason @ Fantaseadive. Dove with him last December & did my AOW cert w/ him. Doing it again in May this year.

Personal service, small groups, very knowledgeable! Check out his videos here - he posts under playacountryboy

I'll add a third vote for Jason of fantaseadive. Dove with him last November and will dive again with him this coming May for a week. I did ocean dives off PDC, the Santa Rosa wall off Cozumel, and I dove Dos Ojos with Luis which Jason arranged.
countdown1211601600b2.png

I'll add a third vote for Jason of fantaseadive. Dove with him last November and will dive again with him this coming May for a week. I did ocean dives off PDC, the Santa Rosa wall off Cozumel, and I dove Dos Ojos with Luis which Jason arranged.
countdown1211601600b2.png

Luis and Klaus are partners in Playa Scuba. Luis was with us on my second trip to Dos Ojos. A fantastic guide and great guy! Sorry I forgot to mention him.

Sorry about the delay in getting back on. I got called out of town for the weekend.

Thanks for all the recommendations. we'll probably be giving Fantasea a call.

Allen

I'll fourth the vote for Jason! Dove with him in Feb and had a great time!

Tank Ha On The Beach, Great Times!

I would recommend Scuba Playa on calle 10 and between 5th avenida and the beach for the following reasons:
1. safety & fun
2. professionalism
3. very experienced instructors
I've been to other dive shops in cozumel and in cancun and maybe because the bar was set high in Scuba Playa, I just didn't find them as safe or professional. I haven't been to the other dive shops in Playa so I can't say how they compare to the ones there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom