PDC - Good shop to work with if bringing my student down to finish OW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlcnuke

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
If necessary, I'd like to come down and do the OW checkout dives with one of my students (my sister) while on a trip, then get some fun dives in with her as well while on vacation (I'd like to finish her course, not doing a referral to another instructor). I'm hoping, ideally, to have her certification done ahead of time but if that doesn't work out I'd like to finish her course there if possible.

Any recommendations of shops that would be good to do that with in PDC?

Ideally I'd love a shop that also does guided cave dives, as another friend and I would like to get some cave dives in while there as well (both certified cave divers) while she spends a couple days relaxing at the beach.

head to playa del carmen. open water and cavern / caves dives avail in the area. i would reach out to Matt at Tankha dive shop to discuss the possibility of doing ow dives with a student.

Great suggestion. I was thinking of doing the same with my daughter. Any suggestions for Cozumel, or would you prefer PDC for beginners? I'm thinking that logistics would involve a shop that allows a non-certified diver to get gear, plus maybe renting a float and weights (controlled descent and CESA) to stay within standards. Am I missing anything?

Hopefully this can all be done from shore rather than boats. In fact, if I bring all the gear, all I really need from a shop is tanks and a float.

Third for CenoteXperience. I just got done with a sidemount course with Carlos, plus some fun diving. They're amazing.

I 4th CenoteXperience. Fantastic group of guys. You won't be disappointed. You'd be in excellent hands with Martin or Carlos. Extremely safe operation but they have tons of fun at the same time.

You need to call ahead and ask about this. I certified two students in the region years ago, and I called a number of shops ahead of time. Most would not allow me to act as the instructor. I finally did it with a shop in Akumal.

Cenote Xperience. Ask for Martin.

safe travels

jay
Or Carlos at Cenotes…great place.

Back
Top Bottom