Pattaya in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chocolate

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be going to Bangkok in December and I figure that I will have about 1-1.5 days of free time. I thought about going to Phuket for a quick trip but it doesn't not work out when I take in no-diving 24-hour flying rule. Hence ~ Pattaya.

Can anyone advise on the weather, water temp, vis, etc. in Pattaya in Dec?

Also, anyone knows any decent dive operators and resorts?

Thanks a lot.

Best viz possible in pattaya could be 5-6m. worst I'd dove in was less than 30cm.
(Algae bloom... didn't know it beforehand.. )

Water temp in December could be around 27-25 deg c. weather mostly good..
smooth sailing...

For dive operator, I'd recommend Mermaid diving. They have shop on Jomtien beach and on Pattaya beach rd. between Pattaya central rd and Pattaya south rd.

I will preface this the following by saying that I love diving and would go everyday if i could.

Pattaya is NOT the place to do any casual/fun diving unless of course you enjoy the younger crowd of "know it alls" and a full fishing boat of divers/students and a divemaster guiding you with less than 100 dives. Its not always easy to feel very welcome on these types of trips either. Of course this is not the case on every occasion but it is what I have seen time and time again.

The Pattaya divers/dive shops consist mostly of students working to get thier DM and instructor cards with high hopes of taking the new found training on to other places to work.

just my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom