Patong Beach Hotel for One Night

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone. Thought this would be a quick and easy question....I will get it sorted.

Thinking it makes sense to just stay in Chalong?

S-C-D: I appreciate the information, and I really am looking forward to diving with y'all.
Best,
Matt

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. Thought this would be a quick and easy question....I will get it sorted.

Thinking it makes sense to just stay in Chalong?

S-C-D: I appreciate the information, and I really am looking forward to diving with y'all.
Best,
Matt
You have a lot more and correct information now, you know you can stay in Patong, have some suggestions for places there, and know that you can also stay elsewhere. If you need some suggestions for places to stay in other areas, just ask.

If I lived on Phuket I would not choose to reside anywhere near Patong. However, as an infrequent visitor to Phuket (for dive trips) I find that I enjoy a single night in Patong very much. There are endless diversions, a decent dive shop (none where I live) and draft beer (none where I live). I have tried staying up in Phang Nga, around the airport and other beaches on Phuket. I always find myself coming back to this place:

Tropica Bungalow - Patong

I've been staying there since the late 1980s. Although it's only a few hundred meters from the beach and the madness of Bangla Road, it is very quiet and peaceful; located in a nice garden at the end of a long driveway. It's an easy walk to Jungceylon shopping mall, Water World dive shop and several venues offering draft beer, including the Full Moon Brew Work micro-brewery. They don't mind if you hang out at the pool or in the air conditioned lobby during those awkward hours in between checkout time and the arrival of your dive boat transfer van.

It's no bargain (about US$70), but I think the location, tranquility and decent service are well worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom