Passport control in Seattle on return from CUN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

no, i think its the same, you go through the control point and then you dump it off on a conveyor belt and go find your connecting flight. but we also had to re-check luggage and pick it up again at the baggage claim for those terminating their trips in seattle...

Aahh. That sure does sound stupid though.

We did the Cancun Seattle flight on Alaska last year this time. Baggage was slow, but rechecking was fairly fast, just throw it on the conveyor belt and run. I don't think we had to go back through security like in LAX. Have fun, we're going this Feb too.

Closing the loop on this thread. I just returned from Cozumel late last night/this morning. Passport Control in Seattle took all of 2 minutes since we were one of the first in line. Went down the stairs to pick up the luggage and that took about 15 minutes. Breezed through Customs and exited to the recheck carousel. We had to stop and pack our duty free liquor into the checked bags because the only way out of the room is through another security checkpoint. Then off to our connecting gate. From the time we touched down to the moment we grabbed the train to the gate it took about an hour. But 10 of those minutes was packing the bottles of alcohol into empty areas of our baggage.

Made my 9:40 connection just as they were starting general boarding.

When arriving in Seattle at the S terminal (international) you have go through security again. Pain in the rear especially since you can't take your duty free liquids and gels with you as carry on. I guess they don't trust Mexican security to do a proper job.

BTW, the new Cancun airport is beautiful and no hand searches of luggage as was mentioned in another thread. The process there is just like any US airport now. Except that security doesn't make you take off your shoes or unpack your computer and video camera.

Thanks all for the help. I'm glad my experience was better than some of yours :)

Closing the loop on this thread. I just returned from Cozumel late last night/this morning. Passport Control in Seattle took all of 2 minutes since we were one of the first in line. Went down the stairs to pick up the luggage and that took about 15 minutes.

[...]

Made my 9:40 connection just as they were starting general boarding.

Yeah, we had about 45 minutes, not 15 minutes, waiting for luggage...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom