Passing of one hellofa good dawg...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone for your words and own personal reflections on creatures who bring so much happiness into our lives.

There's a footnote to this story. As life has a habit of doing - it's changed the game on me (again). Though we (my wife and I) had no intention of looking for another dog anytime in the near future - fearing any comparison to the Goose - I've found myself now at the tail end of an adoption process (!). We've adopted, or will have within three weeks, a rescue from the Coonhound Rescue society. She's coming to Boston and into my home without us actually meeting - an abandoned black & tan from Alabama, she's been with a foster home for the past three of her seven months - needing surgery on both of her back knees.

Anyway - Jackie will never be forgotten, and now life is about open a new chapter with Bitsy (soon to become Bella...)

Here's a link to her "writeup' on the CoonhoundRescue.com site...

AB&TC AVAILABLE DOGS - BITSEY

Again - thanks all for your words - it was very touching to me to read them. I'll post here in a few months and let you know how Bella is doing...

Best,
John

John,

Wonderful writeup!!! I know Jackie will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge! Look for little signs from her.... I think you've seen the first of many, starting with that new baby!! She's from Jackie!!

--Heather.

Where the Good Lord closes a door, he opens another. As you said, don't compare this one to your last dog, but let it be it's own individual. They all have their own charming sides. Enjoy your new dog!

So sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my beloved Kiddo in July. The sadness I felt at his passing I would not give up in a million years, in exchange for him not being in my life. (does that make sense).
Time marches on and much more quickly than I had planned, another dog is now in my life. Charlie will never replace Kiddo, though he has a solid spot in my heart.

Loved reading your tribute to Jackie. So sorry for your loss, but glad about your gain too! Thanks for sharing Jackie's story...I laughed and cried.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom