Passing of one hellofa good dawg...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnnyH

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Sadly, I recently lost my one-in-a-million dog. As sort of a healing process for me and because she touched so many people, I put together a 'tribute' page of sorts for her.

If any dog lovers out there want to check out a great dog's story, you can read it here...

www.outofhellskitchen.com/OdeToGoose

Best,
John

Very nice tribute. Sorry to hear about your loss:(. These critters really do become an important a part of our lives. May she have Greener fields to run & play in until you're one day reunited.

Hi Johnny! Great write on the passing of your beloved canine, it reminded me of my little girl of 12 1/2 years.. which, of course, spawned memories and choked me up with those fond moments of the past.

Happy Thanksgiving to you my friend, having shared a life with Goose, I'm sure you've got many great memories and moments to be thankful for.

I have two dogs, both of them from rescue organizations. I wouldn't trade them for the world. If anyone is in the market for a dog, don't forget your local rescues.

It sounds like Goose was a great dog and I think we can all tell that she will be sorely missed.

It has been a little over a year since I lost my one-in-a-million dog of my life and I can understand where you are coming from. My dog was rescued from a shelter, too. Your tribute to Jackie was so touching.

Off to give extra cuddles to my two canine cuties....Happy Thanksgiving!

Sorry about your loss. My dawgs were better than most people I know. Hang in there.

What a beautiful tribute! I have two 17 year old dogs (a duck-toller and a golden retriever). I try to stop to pet them each time I walk by, thankful for all of our wonderful time together.

Awesome tribute John! I'll let my Cougar know to keep an eye out for her & protect her until we all meet again.

Just about three years ago we lost our Rottie, "Angel" to bone cancer. I still have a hard time when I think of her and how great she was. With Angel's passing we now have "Stella". We waited a while before getting another dog because we didn't want to feel the next dog was a replacement. Stella is very much her own dog with her own set of "issues"

Angel is fondly remembered and will always be a part of us. Stella has become an important member of the family and she will be loved for many years.

I feel your loss. Dogs (and pets in general) are a great gift from nature, and if they touch you deeply then, all the better.

Back
Top Bottom