Parts for US Divers K & J Valves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bugsmashers

Registered
Reaction score
I have a few early US Divers K and J valves that I'd like to use for shore diving on my steel 72's rather than beating my newer stuff up.

The valves look like new inside and out and have held tight for years, but I would like to freshen them up by replacing the plug assembly, burst discs, and plastic (teflon) washers. O-ring supply is no problem. Does anyone know a good source of parts for these early valves?

My LDS never saw these before and just says to buy new valves as surely something so old can't be used.

Thanks

If they are not leaking and work smoothly just use them. If they are a little tight than disassemble, clean and lubricate them. There isn't much to go wrong and most times they don't need new parts. Teflon seals last a long time just be sure you put them back in the same place and position.

You shouldn't have any trouble replacing the burst disc, seal, and burst disc screw. They use a regular 3/8" disc for whatever pressure tank you are going to use it in. I think the standard burst disc for 2250 psi is 3150 psi (40% above working pressure), but they are normally labeled for the working pressure.

As Captain said, the rest of the parts should be OK. If you need a new seat I think VintageScubaSupply.com has some. But unless someone abused this valves the seat should be OK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom