Parts for dive lights and where to get them

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Packhorse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Building dive lights is hard enough, but finding the correct parts to use can be harder still. So I thought I would build a list of parts and where to get them.

This will be a work in progress. Please post your source for parts including links and I will add them to this post. Hopefully it will be made a sticky.

Glands. I use IP68-10bar M16 thread where I can. most IP68 are only 1 meter rated (although I have used them too with no issues).

* Jaycar
* McMaster Carr
* Electrical wholesalers
* Battery Space
* Diverite Express

Cable I use silicon or rubber jacketed extension lead. I find it grips better in the glands than PVC.

* Electrical wholesalers

Switches I prefer reed switches but if you use a toggle then you need a rubber boot. Jaycar sell a waterproof switch with a boot but you can use a normal switch with a boot too.

* Jaycar
* Diverite express
* Marine suppliers
* McMaster Carr
* Diverite express

Latches. Ones with a safety catch means it will not open by accident at the worst possible time!

* RS components
* Diverite express
* McMaster Carr
* Diverite Express

Lenses Glass, acrylic & plexiglass. They all have advantages. Make sure you use one strong enough for the depths you intend to dive. This is usually the weakest part of a light head.

* Plastic merchant
* Glazier
* Dealextreme
* McMastercar

Don't foget Ebay. Also Latches can be ordered from Nielsen Sessions directly in the USA.

Any o-ring you could want, and for cheap in multiples. AOPtec. Viton, EPDM, Silicon, Nitrile.

And as an aside, 350xfire- I got your e-mail last night. I'll get back with you soon. :)

Reliable cree and driver sales? DX is really getting to me with all the CONTINOUS back-order crap!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom