Parts Delays For BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJMETZ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I dropped my gear off at a local dive shop in 08/03/21 for servicing. On 08/23/21 they told me everything would be ready “in a day or two”. I went to the shop to pick up on 9/14/21 and was told the part needed(inflator button) was arriving that day. I found out yesterday the gear still is not ready. I am told the shop is having problems getting parts (all Scubapro) due to the pandemic. I am beginning to think I am not getting straight answers. Is anyone else (dealers/customers)having this issue? Are the dive shops all taking two months plus for servicing? Looking to figure what is really happening?

Suggest you read this thread linked below. All sorts of stuff is out of stock/delayed.

A dive shop owner I ran into over the weekend told me just about everything ScubaPro is out of stock.

If you think the shop is lying to you, you’re likely wrong.

Part of my reason for being a doubting Thomas is because on one my visits for pick up she said one of the employees was picking up the inflator button that day but was diving in the morning and she thought he was bringing it that morning.We happened to go back that afternoon as my wife had bought some 1mil leggings and decided she wanted the matching upper part. While we were the”the alibi” guy came in with his wet gear and began rinsing it in the tank I back. After we got done with the transaction for the upper part of the 1mil out fit, I-asked her if the inflator button showed up. She kind of went pale and said no. It hasn’t shown up as of 9/27/21. The bad news is if she had told us it wasn’t going to be done in two months we would have a bought new gear from them (we got a proposal on 8/3/21)as we have committed to a bunch of upcoming dive trips.
Instead we are headed out to by new gear from somebody else…….

Have to agree with @divezonescuba. The whole power inflator assembly can be had for about $20 from just about anywhere. If they crapped out with their regular supplier there's a plethora of online stores they could have got it from with overnight delivery. I just checked. The first one I looked at hat them in stock.

Outside of that, they could have just been removed from another bcd somewhere in the store.

Back
Top Bottom