Partial Pressure of Oxygen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there anywhere on-line that the experiments with the high ppo2s are discussed?

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
Is there anywhere on-line that the experiments with the high ppo2s are discussed?
They're scattered all over the place - and as usual, most of the links I have in my files are stale - you can try ScubaDoc for lots of links... here's one that shows a convulsions incidence of .009% during a 10 year period with over 52,000 2 hour runs at 2.4ATA.
I'll try digging around over the next few days to see if there's anything new and wonderful.
Rick

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...

You can type in commercial diving experiments in search engines and find out all kinds of stuff. Your best bet is to go talk to a commercial diver about it. They know more about this topic than 99% of the people including me on this board.

Nope, I am not an irresponsible diver, far from it. I am just really interested in going into tech diving and can't wait to be able to do so, so I just hang around the dive shop and around this board and ask questions and learn. I know I will learn the answers to all my questions in future training but I want to know them NOW! :boings:

Razorblade once bubbled...
Nope, I am not an irresponsible diver, far from it. I am just really interested in going into tech diving and can't wait to be able to do so, so I just hang around the dive shop and around this board and ask questions and learn. I know I will learn the answers to all my questions in future training but I want to know them NOW! :boings:

Please note that there are associated TIME LIMITS with the depth limits (partial pressures) of oxygen that you are collecting here. Please get some training in this before trying it out. It's so easy to **** up and the results can really wreck your day.

DD

Yeah, I read the article that Arnaud posted, very informative.
I appreciate all you guys help.

I'm studying Nitrox right now, as well as rebreather technologies..

PADI recommends a limit of 1.4 and a contingency limit of 1.6.

Drager also recommends the area of 1.4 for their Dolphin rebreather.

Based off what others have said, this seems to be a very conservative number and rightly so.

Jason

...and try to dive a 1.2 or so for bottom mix.

Back
Top Bottom