Partial pressure blending on my compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently built a Nitrox stick after owning my compressor for 10 years. It was fun to build, and works great! I have a Haskel AG-30 as well, but for filling OC cylinders with 32% the stick is definitely the way to go. I haven't done anything higher than 32% with mine.

That's awesome. What guide did you follow? I want to do 50% as well

Get the Oxyhacker book from Airspeed press.

If you want to blend 50%, you need to partial pressure blend. Otherwise it's quite possible you will blow up your compressor, possibly wherever your compressor is stored, and set fire to everything around. Likely? That's up for debate. It's not something I would mess with since it's easy to PP blend higher FO2 mixes and top them off with whatever.

All of this should be covered in a gas blender course, regardless of agency. Based on your initial post, I get the feeling you haven't taken one of these courses and have just been winging it. Don't wing it with this stuff, take a course, or get someone who really knows what they're doing to show you how to do it. It's not just plugging a tank into the a$$ end of the compressor and hitting the go button.

I did some research and proceeded with caution. I am a certified gas blender and spent 5 years in a specialty gas lab at a gas and welding company. I partial pressure 50%.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom