Part time help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dementid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
anyone know of any dive shops around the dallas area that can use a part timer? I am needing some extra cash flow, So I am looking for a part time job. I dont have dm yet but would like to get it.

Having your Divemaster certification would really help- and Instructors are preferred. Most shops will hire people who have been hanging around the shop awhile and show dedication to the shop's success. It would also help to be multi- talented doing tank inspections, gear repair/service, etc. As a PADI divemaster you can become an EFR Instructor and pick up classes during the day, or conduct Discover Scuba programs, and Scuba Reviews. Insurance is a must if you are conducting programs also. Unfortunately, all these things cost money and it may cost you more money to get a part time job than you originally thought! Go to your original certifying scuba shop and see if they have program of some sort where you can work off your DM training. Good luck. The dive industry is a lot of fun and it beats getting a real job part time or not BUT it is a difficult job at times also! :wink:

lol contacting my orig shop is out of question since that was 10 yrs ago and in NY. But I dont necessarly mean for teaching classes but for anything around the shop.

Try going into some local shops and just asking the owner or mgr. You never know they might want to bring you up thru their ranks!

I work pt for SIS in Arlington,,,,,I had been a good customer of the shop for sometime and also had my non-pro rating of a PADI Master Scuba Diver when hired,,,,I do both retail and now that I am a DM,,,,assist in classes/do SCUBA reviews and soon will be certf. to conduct Discovery Scuba classes. Just get to know your LDS owner,,,,,go on shop outings and vol. to help out FREE,,,,,they all have peek days when someone being around just to assist customers//answer the phone is always apprc.. It may just in time pay off in a pt position.

Back
Top Bottom