Part II - Arkansas Lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RicHeaD

Reaction score
Norfork Lake was by far the best diving. Started at the Jordan Campground Bluffs. Vis 25 ft+ water temps 60 at 70 foot 82 at surface. Wall was great. Then off to find a bulldozer that was left behind when the lake was filled. No dozer but I did find a VW van and a very unhappy turtle, some people just don't like to share. I would even talk about the water snake that didn't wish to share the shore.The next day was off to Bull Shoals Lake. Water Temps were the same, Vis @10 feet. I would place this as my worst dive. Not much of anything. On the way home stopped off at Beaver Lake for 2 days. Vis 20 feet Temps the same. Very interesting divers at the dam site bluffs. There's a underwater zoo of concrete fiqures. Very shooky to look a dear in the eye at 35 feet. Hey Tony, your future boat would really be helpful for all of these lakes. Had a list of dive site to go to, but without a boat. Oh,well maybe next time. Allready working on my list for next year. Maybe Kansas. :confused:

I thought that Norfork would be a good lake. We'll have a boat next year for sure and Ark. is just a skip and a jump from home in the country. Also, I plan some trips to Brady Branch Lake. It's a res. for the power plant and should have to good winter temps! I'll keep you posted on the progress.

tony

Tony, did you seal the deal on the boat ? Iam ready and waiting for Brady Branch Lake. Just set a date, Iam there.

Richard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom