Parkway Wetsuit Construction Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dewit2it

Registered
Reaction score
I remember seeing a video of Parkway's wetsuit shop which showed how they constructed their suits. I saw it within the last 3-4 years.

Anyone know where to find it? It doesn't appear to be up on Youtube.

Dewit2it:

I worked @ Parkway in South Amboy, NJ and wrote the script for the video you mentioned.
The video was produced by a New York ad agency. The original Parkway employed skilled
folks and all work was done in house. Later the production was sent offshore to Taiwan.

I do not think you will find any copy on Youtube.

The original Parkway suits used high quality Rubatex neoprene and blind stitched and triple glued all seams. Good suits.

I did see it somewhere on the web, but I can't remember where. SDM also had an article I believe. (have to check my old issues)

I picked up two older Parkway suits (early-mid 80's) in the local thrift stores this year still in excellent condition. One was my former instructors! They were great suits.

Back
Top Bottom