Park with BBQ facilities and snorkeling?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uminchu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Before people hate me for not being "scuba" related... I'll apologize... I've already asked my dive site questions, and i still need your help!

My wife and I are renewing our vows, and the day after my mother is wanting to host a picnic/BBQ somewhere nearish to Waikiki. I'd LOVE it if there was snorkeling/nice swimming around that area too. So my question:

Can you advise a location where there are 1) BBQs, 2) Snorkeling, 3) not too far from Waikiki (a little far is OK), 4) ALL OF THE ABOVE!

If you think it's worth going further please let me know too!

I'll take anything i can get! :D

Really appreciate it!

When we've done our outings someone always brought a grill so I never paid that close attention.

I'm trying to think if there are any grills over at Queens beach or San Souse beach. I know I see lots of big groups there, but I think they bring their own grill along.

Then there would be Magic Island. (across from Ala Moana). I usually go there at night for the lantern festival....not sure about the grills

Then there's Kewalo Basin a little park there, busy on the week ends. You would have to go down a wall and walk over some rocks to get in the water - lots of surfers there.

There are some breakers at Kaka'ako beach park and there used to be some grills...

There are a couple of little parks/beaches going up the side of diamond head, but I'm not too sure about snorkeling there

Here are a couple of links to some parks:

http://hawaii.kulshan.com/Hawaii/Honolulu_County/Ohau_Island/default.htm
Oahu Beach - Oahu Island Beaches Waikiki Beach Ala Moana Beach
Oahu Travel - Oahu Camping - Oahu Campgrounds

BTW, How big will your group be? If it is really big you might want to think about making reservations...

Here is a link to the Department of parks and recreation.

justleesa,

Thanks for the info!!! I've been checking the places out bit by bit! We're thinking the group will be about 20-25 people. I think a reservation would be good! I've sent off an email to the Parks and Rec! Ala Moana seems to be the most easily accessible from our condo. But Kaka'ako sounds great too... Are they close together?
Anyway, your advice is so helpful!
Take it easy!

pretty close, but I wouldn't walk it with all my stuff. Ala Moana/Magic Island is busy and popular.

Kaka'ako might be less crowded and would be further away from Waikiki (about 4 or 5 blocks from the other park)

Back
Top Bottom