Paris Tunnels Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sealskin98

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just thought I’d give everyone an update on the progress of the tunnels. Today Frank and I went to lunch (heh, heh, that’s what everyone else thought).

Frank traded his white lab coat from his job at the college for his blue coveralls and yellow hard hat with the candle headlamp. Can’t be too careful checking the oxygen in them there tunnels. I already had on my black coveralls with my white hard hat and candle headlamp. I also had the Davy lamp, and the canary, to check if we hit any gas lines or something. If the lamps start changing color or the bird dies we are in big trouble.

We then proceeded to the end of the dig. I was carrying my large grain scoop shovel and Frank was manning the pick this time. We made pretty good progress for only half-an-hour…but dang that bigger shovel gets heavy.

It seems that we were going a little deeper into the strata because we hit a vein of water from somewhere; it wasn’t a waterline, just a natural water vein. As the tunnel started to flood a bit I turned around and realized I hadn’t moved any of the dirt out that I’d been shoveling behind us…the tunnel was blocked.

Sorry about that Frank.

That was a good thing though; we used that dirt to plug the water leak that was flowing into the tunnel. We’ll have to check that vein out again when the work is done and we are ready to flood the tunnels.

Check back later y’all and I’ll post some more progress reports as they happen.

do it easy:
Are all ya'all trying to break out of jail? What are the tunnels for besides an underground exercise movement?

They're attempting to re-create the mining scene from the movie Paint Your Wagon...
:laughing:

Hey frank,
Guess you might be interested in my plans for a converted air hammer to run off a scuba tank…
Dial in the pressure regulator, custom quick disconnect fittings.
You would be set….

Frank thanks for the update on the photos,,,,I realy enjoyed the Antibellum Servants Quarters......FYI!!......I have heard some talk of Union moles wanting in on the stake...any truth to that?

Frank, thanks for not saying anything about that pic. of me in Tunnel 12 being in the part of it that’s a vertical shaft.

I hate tripping over those #@%* tools!

texdiveguy:
I have heard some talk of Union moles wanting in on the stake...any truth to that?

LOL!!! I want the movie rights, the book deal, all of it. I'm telling you, no one else is allowed to talk to you guys before me.

Sorry Foo, we already got a bunch of people interested in the rights.

What ya offering?

Just don’t use that picture of me falling headfirst into the hole in Tunnel 12.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom