Paralenz camera freezes! Need advice..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miserkris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi my paralenz camera was working well before pandemic. But since last 18 months I haven't touched it at all.

Yesterday just wanted to cycle it's battery so I charged it fully and when I removed the charging cable the display froze and said "charging"...

Why is this so? I couldn't start the camera on not turn off the message...
It eventually drained itself and shut off...

See pic pls advice THANKS much!

Attachments

• 20210724_190230.jpg
    20210724_190230.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 98
Yes my friend has had the same problems for more than three years as he was using regularly, they said they sent a new camera but who knows. The battery also got very very hot when it suffered exactly the same problem as yours, but only after 6 months no use. The paralenzzzzzzzz has been back 4 or 5 times and still doesn't work so now it lives permanently in a big drawer with paid bill receipts

The floatation machine was also bought but they were always out of stock and it has not been sent

Many other issues with camera????? and the people but too exhausting to talk about

Yikes! There was no water leaks or anything even....

I maintained it perfectly. The only difference was that it stayed idle during the pandemic. I heard their service is great... Will they advice or service it?

Do I contact them via their fb page or site?

THANKS

Response from paralenz below, my frustration is how can an underwater scuba camera get water into it so that the magnet gets rusted ,what's the guarantee it won't happen again? Heck I took care of it well and only went diving once with it.

Hello Kris,

It actually sounds like the magnets in the camera could have become rusted.

I am afraid that the camera is no longer under warranty - in that case we can offer the following:

1) We can take the camera back to our office and make sure everything is refreshed.
We will need you to cover the shipping (25 USD for both ways) and repairs (40 USD).
2) We can send you spare parts and instructions so that you can perform the exchange yourself.
In that case, only shipping (approx 12 USD) will be required.

Let me know which one works better for you.

Response from paralenz below, my frustration is how can an underwater scuba camera get water into it so that the magnet gets rusted ,what's the guarantee it won't happen again? Heck I took care of it well and only went diving once with it.

Hello Kris,

It actually sounds like the magnets in the camera could have become rusted.

I am afraid that the camera is no longer under warranty - in that case we can offer the following:

1) We can take the camera back to our office and make sure everything is refreshed.
We will need you to cover the shipping (25 USD for both ways) and repairs (40 USD).
2) We can send you spare parts and instructions so that you can perform the exchange yourself.
In that case, only shipping (approx 12 USD) will be required.

Let me know which one works better for you.
Hi Kris, do you have contact details for Paralenz as I have the same Issue.
Cheers Gerry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom