Papua New Guinea - B17 Black Jack Flying Fortress Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donsilcock

Contributor
Reaction score
Late last year while I was at Tufi in Oro Province we did a day trip from the resort across Collingwood Bay to Boga Boga village on the tip of Cape Vogel to dive the wreck of the B17 Black Jack Flying Fortress - often said to be the best aircraft wreck in the world...

I had dived the wreck about 10 years previously but was shooting film at the time and was not impressed with the results, so I was keen to try again using digital.

I finally got round to updating my site with a full description of the history & discovery of the wreck in 1986, plus an image gallery and key points about diving the wreck - here is the link:

Papua New Guinea: Milne Bay Province – B-17F “Black Jack” | Indo-Pacific Images

Feedback on the page and the site in general, which I have recently revamped completely, is greatly appreciated....

Don

Last edited:
Ezzy, thanks for the feedback and yes it's quite a dive... although I do at least one trip a year to PNG it took me nearly 10 years to get back to Black Jack and the wreck was in more or less the same condition as I remembered it and just as impressive!

I think you hit the nail on the head - one for the diving "bucket list"....

Don

Back
Top Bottom