Papua New Guinea - Diving the Witu Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donsilcock

Contributor
Reaction score
I spent nearly two weeks diving the Witu Islands in PNG's New Britain Province in December and have written a full trip report on it on my site.

Here is the link to Diving the Witu Islands

All the wide-angle images were taken with a Nikon D500 and 8-15mm lens in a Nauticam housing with the 140mm port, which I personally find to be really great combo. The macro images were taken with the 40mm Micro-Nikkor - I screwed up in the last minute packing and left my 60mm and 105mm macros behind... As they say the best lens you have is the one on your camera!

I have been visiting Papua New Guinea regularly for 20 years, but this was the first time to the Witu Islands and I really was impressed. When you look at the location of the islands in the Bismarck Sea, relative to the rest of the Coral Triangle, it becomes clearer why they are such so biodiverse.

Here are a few images to illustrate what I mean.

Don

Barneys Reef_03_logo_750.jpg
Dickie's Gonads_06_logo_750.jpg

Wire Bay_logo_750.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom