Pantyhose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellbird

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anybody out there do a Joe Nameth number and wear pantyhose under wetsuit? I heard it makes it go on easier and I would imagine it would add warmth but what about comfort? This will be my first ever experience with wearing a wetsuit as I am getting certified this weekend in the cold Atlantic and I want to make sure I keep the comfort level as good as possible and not do anything to spoil it.

:confused:

Pantyhose are one option, but I haven't tried them. We use skins, since we wanted them for warm-water diving anyway. When doning your wetsuit, just remember to turn the legs and arms inside out almost all the way to the ankle and wrist first. Get those set where they should be, and simply roll the suit on. Works like a charm!

Happy Diving,

Scuba-sass :)

Thanks! I tried on the wetsuit last night and was worried about it being 80 degrees out, struggling to put the darn thing on would send me into heat stroke! I will definitely use you advice on rolling the thing on like that, makes sense to me! I might just forget the panythose this time, one less thing to complicate matters!

I have a skin but the only time I wear it is with my shorty in warm water ( I like the addes protection form things that bite and sting). My skin has stirups on the feet and thumb holes in the wrists so it doesn't bunch up when you put on your wetsuit.

I have a cave diving friend that would wear pantyhose under his wetsuit, but then again he was also wearing a thong under the wetsuit too. Talking about embarrassment when he was suiting up and the looks I'd get from people passing by.

Thanks for the info, but most importantly thank for sharing the story of your dive buddy, although I will be haunted by the image. :eek:

We used to use pantyhose when wetsuits were unlined and skins didn't exist - it was nearly impossible to get the wetsuit on any other way.
Nowdays I usually just wear a pair of socks to ease my feet through.
Rick

Thanks, I was kinda afraid that they would pull on my feet and squash them but then I though I would just bust my feet through them.

I am all for supporting my LDS, but diver's outlet has a decent skin that doesn't cost much. www.diversdirect.com

Big feet...I've seen divers put plastic shopping bags on their feet to help them get on their wetsuits too.

Back
Top Bottom