Panicked diver this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shoulder to shoulder is good

I'm always trying to get my buddy beside me and making the eye contact with OK signal

I suggest beside me, however I explain that I have good perferial vision and situational awareness but I get po'ed when I have to hunt for my buddy. As long as they are reasonably close and within my vision I'm happy. I don't mind excursions out of my vision as long as I know what's going on, I'm in no rush to get back to the surface.

Normally I'm solo or same ocean buddy, so when I dive with a buddy, I'd like a buddy dive.

From my limited experience, real newbees have been very good, but ones with a some dives under their belt not so much. A non scientific sample to say the least, and my experience may have to do more with the divers willingness to learn than their dive count.

Bob

staying above and behind you buddy is the absolute worst position to take.
Agreed, agreed, agreed. I volunteered to dive with a fellow the other day, and I quickly regretted the decision. He stayed above-and-behind me almost the entire dive, meaning I couldn't see him most of the time, and at one point, he full-on wandered off in the wrong direction. I had to surface and look for his bubbles. It suuuuucked.

Back
Top Bottom