Panhandle shark attack?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Captain Kitty

Registered
Reaction score
An indirect source told me some girl sitting on a pier in the panhandle got some amazing photos of a black-tip breaching the surface (apparently going after her feet!) Is this accurate or a farce?

If it's the one I'm thinking of, this was a couple years ago. A shark did breach, quite near her feet. Shortly after, the shark died... if I remember correctly, the general impression was that the shark was sick and this was part of it's "strange" behavior. I did see pics a couple years ago.

Again, not sure if you are speaking of the same incident as I am.

When I first saw this post I thought, "sharks in the Texas panhandle!!!!" Then I read your location...

erparamedic:
If it's the one I'm thinking of, this was a couple years ago. A shark did breach, quite near her feet. Shortly after, the shark died... if I remember correctly, the general impression was that the shark was sick and this was part of it's "strange" behavior. I did see pics a couple years ago.

Again, not sure if you are speaking of the same incident as I am.

This was recently shown on one of those "Caught on Tape" shows. That's probably where the original poster, or his/her friend, saw it. You remembered correctly about the shark being sick/dying.

Kriterian:
This was recently shown on one of those "Caught on Tape" shows. That's probably where the original poster, or his/her friend, saw it. You remembered correctly about the shark being sick/dying.

Hey, the reason it died was "lack of her feet."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom