Panhandle March 3,4,5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frankster1138

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello. It is time to get the gear wet again so 3 or 4 of us are planning a weekend on the panhandle March 3, 4, 5 and were wondering if anyone may know of any boats/operators going out. I am going to call a few operators down there in the next week. Please let me know if you hear of anything. I would love to do something more than springs.

Also, does anyone know if Santa Rosa Island off Pensacola is open to the public again?

Thanks in advance.

Frank

Santa Rosa Island (the state park) is open again to the public, however, only to walking traffic. you have to park at the gate and walk along the "remains" of the old road into the area. There was an article in the P'Cola News Journal about two weeks ago about this issue. It's also open to people via boat.

As for charters going out, you might have a hard time getting a hold of dive charters in Panama City. Hydrospace has gone out of business and sold their boats to PC Dive Center and someone told me that PC Dive Center "closed for February". So the bigger operators will be hard to reach. Try them anyway, I might be wrong on them being closed.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom