Question Panglao Island-Dive shops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove with Sierra Madre and had a good experience. They are located in Alona Beach, they have many Chinese and Korean customers. The owners should be American as far as I understood

I dove with Sierra Madre and had a good experience. They are located in Alona Beach, they have many Chinese and Korean customers. The owners should be American as far as I understood
Hi, the guy you think is American is Australian. The 'Chinese' customers are actually Taiwanese. There is a big difference. Nice dive center thou. I hope you enjoyed Panglao.

I dive there with Bohol Divers Club. Very good people to dive with. Alona divers is also often mentioned but I have not dived with them but have good reputation. I was there twice two weeks each time in November 2022 and February 2023 and several times before that.

There is are also the Westin Hotel that allows any person in for the breakfast buffet sometimes I will eat there before diving.

Balicasag Island trips are worth while make sure you do one. You can see lots of Panglao photos and video's here

Is there anyone in particular that i can contact? Would like to explain my diving plans . Thank you!

Quality control.
I had terrible experience on my last visit yrs ago. And vowed never to return.
The first shop I went, has been around well before 1996, I could smell oil from my breath on the first dive! My brand new 1st stage Apeks filter has been discoloured after two dives. The management admitted that they relied on other to fill the tank. So I left and looked for another one.
I went to the second shop and when I mentioned about smell of oil, they told me that they also relied on other to fill the tank. The management suggested that I should carefully choose the tank on the boat ie. have a smell of the gas!!! I just did that and had chosen the less obvious lots. That was a big operator.
I wished I had gone to Sea Explorers and dived with Swiss Felix.

Dived with Kurt yrs ago and met Swiss Felix there before he moved to Sea Explorers. Those were the time that only divers came to Alona Beach and no one tried to sell you anything. Set off to dive Doljo and Puntod with the DM at 07:00.
Your 100 percent right, I experienced the same problems with rented tanks in Sosua Dominican Republic, they didn't care because that's what they had, and it was good enough for gringos.

Is there anyone in particular that i can contact? Would like to explain my diving plans . Thank you!
You'll love this mob...

I just want to say I ended up diving with "Valm Divers". Enjoyed some very nice dives. Enjoyed the few days we dove with them. Thanks Ned for reaching out to me!

I just want to say I ended up diving with "Valm Divers". Enjoyed some very nice dives. Enjoyed the few days we dove with them. Thanks Ned for reaching out to me!
Hi Joe, Thank you for diving with us. Apologies I did not get to spend more time chatting with you. Please say hi to Ann from all the team here. Thanks again and we will see you the next time.

I would rule them out for not posting prices on their website.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom