Pandan_island_phillipinnes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maccajim

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi
found_this_site_www.pandan.com
It_is_in_the_phillipinnes_has_anyone_dived_their?_when_is_the_best_time_to_go_is_3mm_full_suit_ok?

Like_some_info_from_divers_who_have_been_to_the_phillies

thanks

maccajim:
hi
It_is_in_the_phillipinnes_has_anyone_dived_their?_when_is_the_best_time_to_go_is_3mm_full_suit_ok?

thanks
Hi there! I was in Anilao,Batangas Province on Luzon back in May,2000.82 degree water...I am sure 3 MM will be fine unless you doing open sea deep diving,then others feedback will be better than mine.Philippines are highly under-rated dive locales.The people are friendly and all around good folk.

I stayed on Pandan Island in March this year.

Some really good dives around Pandan itself and they organise great trips to Apo Marine Park and the Coron wrecks which I'd highly recommend doing while you're there. Both the resort and the dive-shop are profesional, friendly and well-run. Even though they were full, we never had more than four people in any one dive group. A full 3mm suit would be fine. As to the best time of year I really don't know. You'd be best to give them a call. While I was there conditions were perfect. They seem to be booked out most of the time so I'd make a reservation in advance (it's a rough trip to get to Pandan by land and we saw several people arrive without reservations only to be turned away because they were full).

I believe the Lonely Planet described Pandan as "as close to a slice of tropical heaven as you can get". They're exactly right!

I'm more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Morty

I_emailed_the_resort_sept_oct_is_the_worst_time_so_maybe_have_to_wait_till_december_thank_for_the_pre_booking_i_did'nt_think_it_would_be_so_busy.

It's not really busy, it's more the fact the owner resfuses to build more than 17 bungalows or so. Therefore there's only so much room available. It'll probably be the least crowded resort you'll ever visit.

maccajim:
hi

thanks

i am from the philippines. dive almost every week end around Anilao batangas as we have a monday to saturday work-office.

I use Lycra or rash guards only, i have kept my wetsuit somewhere in the house a long time ago. :eek:)

Mortlock:
I stayed on Pandan Island in March this year.

Some really good dives around Pandan itself and they organise great trips to Apo Marine Park and the Coron wrecks which I'd highly recommend doing while you're there. Both the resort and the dive-shop are profesional, friendly and well-run. Even though they were full, we never had more than four people in any one dive group. A full 3mm suit would be fine. As to the best time of year I really don't know. You'd be best to give them a call. While I was there conditions were perfect. They seem to be booked out most of the time so I'd make a reservation in advance (it's a rough trip to get to Pandan by land and we saw several people arrive without reservations only to be turned away because they were full).

I believe the Lonely Planet described Pandan as "as close to a slice of tropical heaven as you can get". They're exactly right!

I'm more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Morty

hey! I'm trying to decide how to split one month between puerto galera, pandan (plus apo and coron) and boracay. I have heard good things about boracay and recently, someone saying it was like phuket in thailand, so touristy. But I have also hear that Pandan is beautiful but a little quiet after a few weeks... any feedback?! I'm not a huge party animal or anything but i like strolling around at night...etc. I was planning to spend 2 weeks there to do my DM but now i'm wondering if I should just do it in Pandan or Puerto Galera.
Thanks!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom