Pandan island diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gaudencio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,
Is there a report about Pandan Island diving. I saw in their website that one can also go to Apo Reef from Pandan island as a jump off point. My buddies are also considering to go to this place this April or May. :dazzler1: Will this place be worth visiting this summer?

gaudencio:
Hi,
Is there a report about Pandan Island diving. I saw in their website that one can also go to Apo Reef from Pandan island as a jump off point. My buddies are also considering to go to this place this April or May. :dazzler1: Will this place be worth visiting this summer?

Yes indeed. By all means go. Apo Reef was absolutely fantastic, and Pandan itself very good. We were there off season in September 2004. Just uploaded pictures from that trip. You might want to check with them how late in summer you go. When we were there the dive instructor was away because it was low season.

There is enough around the island for a week or so. See if you can transfer to the Coron Islands if possible. Sounds absolutely fantastic also.

We took the morning flight from Manila to San Jose, tricycle to the busstation, the local bus up the coast and the tricycle to the harbour where we were picked up by the islands banca.

Any specifics, just ask...

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Did you take the banca to Apo iReef and stayed overnite there or to Pandan Island?
Have you heard of the MB Pikoy or MB Mahal that can take divers to Apo Reef for day trips or overnite. There are also Trips to Hunters Rock for 3-4 days diving . Is this on board the Boat or what?

gaudencio:
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Did you take the banca to Apo iReef and stayed overnite there or to Pandan Island?
Have you heard of the MB Pikoy or MB Mahal that can take divers to Apo Reef for day trips or overnite. There are also Trips to Hunters Rock for 3-4 days diving . Is this on board the Boat or what?

The Pikoy and Mahal were on land for service (again because we were there off season).
We did a daytrip, but can definately recommend a night or two out there, as we didnt have a chance to explore the walls fully. In addition several dives at the same site would have been great. They also do tours to Coron which seems to be a fantastic and different experience.

Back
Top Bottom