Panasonic wide angle conversion lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have just received the wide angle conversion lens that can be used for the 14 mm pancake lens & 14-42X lens.
Unfortunately only the 14mm lens + conversion lens will fit in the 3.5" wide angle port.The 14-42X with conversion lens is too long, i.e the lens extends too far and hits the port.
The 14-42X + conversion lens is also too long for the 4.33" fisheye dome port.

This is disappointing as i prefer the 14-42x at 14mm for video. compared to the 14 mm pancake.

Using the wide angle conversion lens results in a FL of 11mm.

Last edited:
Kevster,
thanks for posting all this info., here and in other threads, about the GH2. I'm hoping to house mine soon, but am waiting for a port that could handle the power zoom on the 14-42 "X" lens. Nauticam's website seems pretty out of date - does your port actually enable you to use the power zoom? I heard from a dealer here in Europe that 10 Bar were planning to do a port with access to the power zoom, but it's still not out yet.
Matthew

We have the Nauticam 14-42mm Power Zoom lens port, it is a nice small port. But there is no zoom gear available yet. Hopefully soon, I keep asking about it. - Scott

I have just received the wide angle conversion lens that can be used for the 14 mm pancake lens & 14-42X lens.
Unfortunately only the 14mm lens + conversion lens will fit in the 3.5" wide angle port.The 14-42X with conversion lens is too long, i.e the lens extends too far and hits the port.
The 14-42X + conversion lens is also too long for the 4.33" fisheye dome port.

Hi Kevster did you try the combo in the 4.33"?

This is disappointing as i prefer the 14-42x at 14mm for video. compared to the 14 mm pancake.

Could I ask you why?

I have the opportunity to get the 14mm and I was thinking to buy the DMW-GWC1 for video.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom