Panasonic tm700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cjfox

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I finally got some under water footage together with the new Panasonic. My old PGV 150 died, and the controls in my housing work with panasonic through the IR remote control.

I've had the camera for 2 months now, and shot other footage as well, and my overall impression is great, low light ability is good, although definition drops off with light level, manual control is great,I can do one touch MWB, and there are a host of other features I use above water, such as time lapse mode.
The camera records in AVCHD, and I had to buy a new computer as well, but I got a screaming deal on a quad core gateway, and with Sony vegas 10 (studio , not pro) I have no trouble editing AVCHD as well as avi, jpgs, and other legacy formats I have in my library.

Pet peeves: the AV cable that hooks up to my monitor is a proprietary one with component outputs as well a AV and audio, so the thing is massive, and barely fits in my housing. I've ordered another to cut the ends that I don't use off, but they're back ordered for a while. The above cable fits in the LCD cavity, so the LCD must remain open, which is not a huge deal for me, except that the MWB switches from the LCD touch screen to a button on the side of the lens when the LCD closes beyond a certain point, which to my dismay, disabled IR contol over MWB. I fixed it by moving the camera in the housing slightly. Batteries are also proprietary, but the ones on E-bay work fine.

Overall, I'm very happy with it, just have to get a Blu Ray burner next.

YouTube - Arbutus Island

It's an old aquatica housing designed for a sony tr series. The controls are electromagnetic, so I took out the circuit board and replaced it with a programmable remote. I can program the controls to do any function available with the remote control.
The port is huge, so fit is not an issue, and I can put pretty much any camera with an IR port on it. I got tired of limiting my camera choices to what housings were out, and changing them with every new camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom