Panasonic Lumix TZ7/ZS3 with u/w case DMW-MCTZ7 HD VIDEO test results

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello folks, I'm new to this board and I found it after a search for some information about the UW-Case for the Lumix TZ7 which I both own now :)

I skimmed through this thread and saw some really magnificant photos and videos! Now I am wondering if somebody would be so kind to give me some tipps with this camera regarding underwater photography. Is the UW mode given with the software a good one, or are there some measures I could take manually?

Next monday I am going to Khao Lak, Thailand, so I hope I get some answers until then to get some great shots there :)

For photos the best way to go is with manual settings and especially a strobe.
With videos UW mode worked fine for me most of the time, but lights or shallow
dives will help to preserve colors more.

if you're not confortable using manual mode try aperture priority "A" mode. the camera will set the shutter speed for you according to the light. Get real close to your subjects, do take time to frame them. I think we all shoot away initially but if you do you won't have many keepers. I've posted some advice on rigging the camera too, you can check out my other threads. All the best, I wish I could go to thailand soon!

Back
Top Bottom